In the event of an emergency, you have two options:
1. If the incident is serious, particularly if there is a danger to life, call the free emergency number 112. This telephone number applies everywhere in Germany. An ambulance will reach you within 15 minutes at the latest.
2. Otherwise, you can drive directly to a hospital's emergency room. The emergency rooms are open 24 hours a day.
At weekends, on public holidays or at night, the medical on-call services in hospitals, on-call medical practitioners or pharmacies in your area will help you. Many daily newspapers list the physicians and pharmacies providing on-call emergency services each day.
- Emergency response physicians and fire department 112
- Police 110
- Medical on-call service 116 117
- German Red Cross patient transport 192 22