Karlsruhe's Chamber of Crafts (HWK)
The skilled crafts sector in the Middle Upper Rhine and Northern Black Forest regions counts among one of the largest economic branches in Germany. As this sector's self-administrative body, the Karlsruhe Chamber of Crafts (HWK) represents the interests of local tradespeople and performs numerous regulatory tasks. These include keeping the official register of local tradespeople and apprentices, monitoring training and assessment processes, appointing authorized experts, and providing expert opinions and qualification certificates. Meanwhile, the chamber's two branch offices in Baden-Baden and Pforzheim put it in an excellent position to offer its services throughout the area.
Representing the interests of the skilled crafts industry
The HWK seeks to support the output of companies in the skilled crafts sector and aid tradespeople in developing successful careers.
Providing consulting services free of charge
The chamber offers its members practical expert advice according to their particular needs. Its service portfolio spans all areas of everyday business operations, from labor law to environmental issues.
Vocational Training: innovative and successful
Training and ongoing vocational development is another area in which the HWK stands ready to provide advice and support to companies, employees, and apprentices, as well as to young people and their parents. To learn more, please visit the website of the HWK's vocational education academy.
At a glance
- Represents the interests of the skilled crafts industry
- Provides free consulting to its members
- Serves as a contact point for all entities involved in training and ongoing vocational advancement (entrepreneurs, employees, apprentices, young people, and parents)
ServiceZentrum of the Karlsruhe Chamber of Crafts
The HWK's service center can be found in the entrance area of the chamber's facilities in Karlsruhe. It is meant to serve as a central point of contact capable of leveraging the HWK's entire portfolio to address any industry issue. The center renders basic services in all of the chamber's departments in a fast, straightforward manner.
Meanwhile, the center's offerings are further supplemented by those of the Starter Center. Here, entrepreneurs can fill out all the forms required (by the HWK, the local trade office, the fiscal authorities, and the respective trade association, for instance) to start a business with the help of an advisor. This greatly simplifies the process of registering a new business.
- General advice and information on laws pertaining to the skilled crafts sector
- Information from the official register of local tradespeople
- Answers to questions about ongoing training offered by the HWK's vocational academy
- Consulting for start-ups and for succession issues
- Assistance in securing public financial aid
- Basic information on the region's company marketplace
- Information on authorized experts, guilds, and guild chairpersons
- Information on apprenticeships within the HWK's purview
- Assistance in registering at the Starter Center
Tel. +49 (0)721 1600-0
Fax +49 (0)721 1600-199
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Service Zentrum HWK
Ms. Silke Harnapp
Business management consulting
Tel. +49 (0)721 1600 153
Fax +49 (0)721 1600 59153
Mr. Helmut Arbogast
Advisory team for assistance in procuring suitable apprenticeships
Tel. +49 (0)721 1600 154
Fax +49 (0)721 1600 59154